Representing Medical Malpractice Victims Throughout Illinois
We trust doctors and medical professionals with our lives. They, in turn, have an obligation to provide us, as patients, with a certain standard of care. When medical accidents occur, the results can be physically, emotionally, and financially devastating. Every day, we see the catastrophic, life-changing injuries that medical malpractice can inflict, be it from a missed or incorrect diagnosis, surgical error, or other form of substandard care. It is not unusual for medical negligence to lead to birth injuries, brain damage, or death.
Cogan & Power, P.C. is a premier Chicago medical malpractice law firm that is dedicated to protecting the legal rights of the victims of medical malpractice and their families. Our extensive experience handling a wide variety of medical malpractice cases, along with our keen knowledge of the legal and medical issues involved, allows us to provide our clients with exceptional legal advice and advocacy as we strive to get them the compensation that they deserve.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a preventable medical error, do not hesitate to contact our office at (312) 477-2500 to schedule a free consultation with one of our compassionate and well-respected Chicago medical malpractice attorney.
Compassionate and Collaborative Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Medical malpractice claims involve a number of complex legal issues and they can sometimes be difficult to prove, making it all the more important to consult with an experienced Illinois medical malpractice attorney. At Cogan & Power, we set ourselves apart from other law firms in the following ways:
- We pride ourselves on our friendly and collegial approach to legal representation. More than legal advocates, we become invested in our clients’ overall well-being as they struggle to recover from medical malpractice.
- We understand the importance of swift and comprehensive information gathering, so that we can assemble the necessary evidence to support your legal claims.
- We take a collaborative approach to legal representation, so that we are able to draw on the diverse backgrounds of each of our attorneys, including a former nurse with an extensive medical background, and former defense attorneys, including former in-house counsel to a major teaching hospital, who have developed access to a vast network of medical experts and consultants.
- We focus on medical malpractice cases, providing us with unsurpassed knowledge of the legal and procedural issues that can come into play when pursuing a medical malpractice or wrongful death claim.
- We have obtained numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of the victims of medical malpractice, including an $11.4 million settlement for a man whose cervical cord was injured when his head fell from the head-holder during surgery, a nearly $10 million verdict for a medical student who suffers from complex regional pain syndrome, and a $7.650 million verdict in a birth injury case in which a baby suffered from cerebral palsy caused by obstetrical negligence.
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases
At Cogan & Power, we handle medical malpractice cases involving a variety of medical errors and injuries, including:
- Birth Injuries, such as brain injuries, cerebral palsy, shoulder dystocia, and hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE)
- Failure to Diagnose, including failure to diagnose cancer, failure to diagnose a disease or medical condition, and delayed diagnosis
- Emergency Room Errors
- Surgical Errors
- Pharmaceutical Malpractice
- Anesthesia Errors
- Obstetrical Malpractice
- Hospital/Institutional Errors
- Doctor Negligence
- Nursing Negligence
- Nursing Home Negligence
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a preventable medical error, do not hesitate to contact the experienced Chicago medical malpractice lawyers at Cogan & Power, P.C. at (312) 477-2500 to learn more about a possible medical malpractice lawsuit. If you cannot come to our offices in downtown Chicago, we will come to you. And because we take cases on a contingency basis, you will not pay any fee unless we get you compensation.