Chicago Lawyers Representing Victims of Auto Accidents Caused by Drunk Driving
It may come with little surprise that drunk driving is one of the primary causes of auto accidents. In fact, alcohol-related accidents accounted for 31% of all traffic fatalities in 2010 and, in 2011, 323 people were killed in Illinois alcohol-related crashes.
The Chicago auto accident attorneys at Cogan & Power, P.C. have considerable experience representing the victims of drunk driving accidents and other motor vehicle accidents, including auto accidents, trucking accidents, pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents, and motorcycle accidents. Our comprehensive legal representation, extensive litigation experience, considerable accident and injury knowledge, and dedication to client service has allowed us to obtain numerous substantial verdicts and settlements for our clients and maintain several long-standing relationships with clients.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an alcohol-related auto accident, do not hesitate to contact the experienced Chicago auto accident law firm of Cogan & Power at (312) 477-2500 to receive a free case evaluation.
Pervasive Dangers of Drunk Driving
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
• Alcohol-related crashes took the lives of 10,228 people in 2010, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.
• Of the 1,210 traffic deaths among children ages 0 to 14 years in 2010, 211 (17%) involved an alcohol-related driving.
• Of the 211 child passengers ages 14 and younger who died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes in 2010, more than half (131) were riding in the vehicle with the alcohol-impaired driver.
• More than 1.4 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics in 2010, which amounts to only one percent of the 112 million self-reported episodes of drunk driving among U.S. adults each year.
Get the Legal Advice You Need
If you or a loved one was been injured or died at the hands of a drunk driver, we understand that you are dealing with considerable physical, emotional, and financial pain. Our Chicago alcohol-related accident attorneys are dedicated to protecting the legal rights and interests of drunk driving victims. We will promptly launch an independent investigation of the accident to collect and review any available evidence, so that we can assess all potential legal claims. After we have conducted a comprehensive legal analysis, we will vigorously advocate on your behalf to get you the compensation you need and deserve, including:
• Medical expenses
• Lost wages (past and future)
• Property damages
• Pain and suffering
• Loss of normal life
Contact the dedicated Chicago alcohol-related auto accident attorneys at Cogan & Power at (312) 477-2500 for a free consultation to discuss your legal rights following a drunk driving auto accident. If you cannot come to our offices in downtown Chicago, we will come to you. And because we take cases on a contingency basis, you will not pay any fee unless we get you compensation.